What is SCORM?
In a nutshell, being SCORM certified means that you can use the same SCORM published content in DealerPeople University (DPU) or any other LMS.
SCORM stands for “Sharable Content Object Reference Model” and it is a set of technical standards developed for eLearning software products. In its essence, SCORM enables interoperability between eLearning software products. Specifically, the model determines how online learning content and Learning Management Systems (LMS) communicate with each other.
The idea behind SCORM is that it broadens the boundaries of elearning content.
How can I get or create a SCORM file?
SCORM files can either be purchased from a third party vendor, like Open Sesame, or created using an authoring tool. As long as the content is created or exported as a SCORM file, we support it.
How do I get My SCORM file into DPU?
In basic terms, the file will need to be exported as SCORM 1.2 and imported into a SCORM module in DPU.
In more detailed steps:
- Export the SCORM file. This will be different depending where the SCORM file is being exported from. However, it will always need to be exported as SCORM (preferably version 1.2) and will result in downloading a .zip file. Do not unzip the file.
- In DPU, create a course or open an already existing course.
- From the Content tab within the course, navigate to the upload section of the Course Builder on the right
- Drag and drop the .zip file into the circle that reads 'Drop Files Here'
- Click Save. At this point the SCORM file will import. Depending on the size of the file and your internet speed, it usually takes 5-30 minutes but may take longer.